BB86/92 Thread Together ZERØ Ceramic BB for 24/22mm (SRAM) Cranks - Black
Our BB86/92 thread together bottom bracket is a technical advancement of our well-loved slip fit BB86 bottom brackets. The two machined aluminum cups thread together ensuring the bottom bracket remains stable in the frame, increasing bearing life, and simplifying maintenance. This means no more creaking, smoother operation, longer bearing life, and really quick bearing replacement.
- Wheels Mfg BB86 thread-together BB for use with 24/22mm spindle cranks will not work with Quarq SRAM/GXP cranksets (Elsa, Riken, SRAM Red 22, SRAM S975, SRAM S2275, CinQo Saturn, Saturn2). If your Quarq spider has an ID less than 49.5mm, it will not fit over our BB86-OUT cup.
- Compatible with Quarq DZero powermeter spiders with GXP spindles except Eagle MTB.
- Bearings: Enduro ZERØ Ceramic Hybrid
- Color: Black
- Bottom Bracket/Frame Interface: BB86, BB92, PF90, PF92
- Bottom Bracket Shell Width (mm): 86mm - 92mm
- Bottom Bracket Shell I.D.: 41mm
- Crank Spindle Diameter: 22/24mm
- Weight: 105g
- Packaged for retail display
Compatible with the following Bottom Bracket Standards (41mm BB shell inner diameter, 86mm - 92mm width):
- PF90 (Trek)
- PF92 (Trek)
Enduro ZERØ Ceramic Bearings
The ZERØ ceramic bearings have ceramic balls and steel races. The balls are Grade 3, Silicon Nitride (Si3n4). These are the roundest balls you can buy without a military license. The races are treated with a black oxide coating, which helps prevent rusting in the bearing. The races are then reground to a mirror finish after this treatment. Finally, they are cryogenically treated for strength before assembly. We also use Silicone VV seals, which is the lightest drag seal available on the market.
Si3N4 balls with 52100 High carbon Chromium Alloy Races with Cryogenic Treatment: Cryogenic treatment takes the races down to minus three hundred degree Fahrenheit to normalize the crystalline structure of the material so the races will resist the hardness of the ceramic balls and get the maximum wear potential
- ABEC-5 rated Ceramic Hybrid bearing with Grade 3 balls
- Cryogenically treated races will outlast any other bearing on the market
- Dual lip, groove type seals keep dirt out and 90% fill rate grease in
- Rheolube special synthetic grease is long lasting and protects against contamination
- USA made balls are micro-coated with long lasting protection from friction