BB30 Outboard Ceramic Hybrid BB for 24mm Cranks (Shimano) - Red
Two machined aluminum cups thread together keeping the bottom bracket stable in the frame, increasing bearing life, and simplifying maintenance. This means no more creaking, smoother operation, longer bearing life, and really quick bearing replacement.
Specifically designed for installing 24.00mm spindle diameter cranks (Shimano, Etc.) in BB30 (42mm ID BB shell) frames without the need for any adapters.
Note: FSA MegaExo spindles can be between 24.00mm and 24.07mm in diameter. If your FSA spindle is 24.07mm, this BB will not work! You will need to swap the bearings with our FSA 24.07x37 ceramic hybrid bearings.
- Bearings: Enduro Ceramic Hybrid
- Color: Red
- Bottom Bracket/Frame Interface: BB30, Specialized Alloy OSBB
- Bottom Bracket Shell Width: 68mm - 73mm
- Bottom Bracket Shell I.D.: 42mm
- Over Bearing Width: 90.5mm in 68mm wide shell*
- Crank Spindle Diameter: 24.00mm
- Tool Pattern: 44mm, 16-notch
- Weight: 122g
- Packaged for retail display
* Over Bearing Width Dimensions include supplied silicone dust shields.
Compatible with the following Bottom Bracket Standards (42mm BB shell inner diameter):
- Specialized Alloy OSBB.
Compatible with 24.00mm spindle diameter cranksets.*
*Note: FSA MegaExo spindles can be between 24.00mm and 24.07mm in diameter. If your FSA spindle is 24.07mm, this BB will not work! You will need to swap the bearings with our FSA 24.07x37 ceramic hybrid bearings.
Enduro Ceramic Hybrid Bearings
Enduro Ceramic Hybrid bearings have Grade 5 ceramic balls with ABEC 5 chromium steel races. Bearings are made from pure Silicon Nitride material with extreme high density from uniform compaction, the micro-structural development of this material during manufacturing is second to none.
Grade 5 Si3n4 Ceramic Balls:
- High precision balls are within 5/1,000,000″ round, 60% lighter weight, and 7 times harder than steel.
52100 High Carbon Chromium Alloy Races:
- Vacuum de-gassed process for the purest chromium alloy steel, hardened to R-62, extremely tough and very durable. Polished to a mirror finish for ABEC-5 precision and noiseless movement.
The bearing seals are dual lip, groove type seals rather than standard 2RS types that other manufacturers use; one lip to keep the dirt out and the other to keep the 90% grease fill inside. Bearings are filled both sides with Rheolube grease for the best protection and long lasting set up. Another external seal with dual lips on both sides and made from the best Silicone material guards from water and dirt penetration.
We back them up with a 1 year warranty.*
- (PRESS-9-PRO) Bottom Bracket Service Kit
- (PRESS-7 or PRESS-7-PRO) Universal Bottom Bracket Press
- (WRENCH-BB48-44) Wheels Mfg Double End BB Wrench, 16-notch BB tool - 48.5 / 44mm
- (BBTOOL-48-44) Wheels Mfg BB Socket tool - 48.5 / 44mm
- (BB-EXT) Bottom Bracket Sealed Bearing Extractor Set
Note: if your BB shell is slightly oversize, two BB wrenches may be required to fully tighten cups in frame.