BB30 Outboard Angular Contact BB for 24mm Cranks (Shimano) - Red
Two machined aluminum cups thread together keeping the bottom bracket stable in the frame, increasing bearing life, and simplifying maintenance. This means no more creaking, smoother operation, longer bearing life, and really quick bearing replacement.
Specifically designed for installing 24.00mm spindle diameter cranks (Shimano, Etc.) in BB30 (42mm ID BB shell) frames without the need for any adapters.
Note: FSA MegaExo spindles can be between 24.00mm and 24.07mm in diameter. If your FSA spindle is 24.07mm, this BB will not work! You will need to swap the bearings with our FSA 24.07x37 ceramic hybrid bearings.
- Bearings: Enduro Angular Contact
- Color: Red
- Bottom Bracket/Frame Interface: BB30, Specialized Alloy OSBB
- Bottom Bracket Shell Width: 68mm - 73mm
- Bottom Bracket Shell I.D.: 42mm
- Over Bearing Width: 90.5mm in 68mm wide shell*
- Crank Spindle Diameter: 24.00mm
- Tool Pattern: 44mm, 16-notch
- Weight: 127g
- Packaged for retail display
* Over Bearing Width Dimensions include supplied silicone dust shields.
Compatible with the following Bottom Bracket Standards (42mm BB shell inner diameter):
- Specialized Alloy OSBB.
Compatible with 24.00mm spindle diameter cranksets.*
*Note: FSA MegaExo spindles can be between 24.00mm and 24.07mm in diameter. If your FSA spindle is 24.07mm, this BB will not work! You will need to swap the bearings with our FSA 24.07x37 ceramic hybrid bearings.
Enduro Angular Contact Sealed Bearings
Enduro Angular Contact bearings are specifically designed for hubs and bottom brackets. In standard radial bearings, only 3 or 4 balls make contact during the load, at any given time. In Angular Contact bearings, ALL balls are engaged and spread the force over a larger surface area, to decrease friction, and minimize wear.
Grade 5 Chromium Steel Balls:
- High precision balls are within 5/1,000,000″ round. These are military level specification, used for precision equipment. R-64 hardness, of the highest grade.
52100 High Carbon Chromium Alloy Races:
- Vacuum de-gassed process for the purest chromium alloy steel, hardened to R-62, extremely tough and very durable. Polished to a mirror finish for ABEC-5 precision and noiseless movement.
Graphite/Nylon Ball Retainers:
- Nylon with graphite retainers are virtually frictionless while providing constant lubrication.
Filled with Rheolube special synthetic grease formulated in the USA, the balls are micro-coated with long lasting protection from friction. "LLB" dual lip groove seals and another external seal with dual lips on both sides and made from the best Silicone material guards from water and dirt penetration.
We back them up with a 1 year warranty.*
- (PRESS-9-PRO) Bottom Bracket Service Kit
- (PRESS-7 or PRESS-7-PRO) Universal Bottom Bracket Press
- (WRENCH-BB48-44) Wheels Mfg Double End BB Wrench, 16-notch BB tool - 48.5 / 44mm
- (BBTOOL-48-44) Wheels Mfg BB Socket tool - 48.5 / 44mm
- (BB-EXT) Bottom Bracket Sealed Bearing Extractor Set
Note: if your BB shell is slightly oversize, two BB wrenches may be required to fully tighten cups in frame.